BGP at Dubai Bar Conference
Alan Cammidge, BGP director has been invited to speak at the International Bar Conference to be held in Dubai between the 30th October and the 4th November this year.
Alan is part of a panel looking at “Immigration policies and security concerns in dangerous countries: What do expats and their employees need to know?” This is part of a joint session with the Business Crime Committee and the Immigration and Nationality Law Committee.
This session will look at the various challenges and protection issues that expats and employers are facing in high risk countries. This can be due to many factors such as: –
- civil war
- political unrest
- drug trafficking
- kidnap and human trafficking and the consequential high incidence of crime.
The panel will look at how countries’ immigration procedures and policies adapt to these scenarios, and also examine:
- What are the local protocols for visitors and what are the security risks that they may encounter in these countries?
- What do employers need to know and do to ensure their employees safety while continuing with business?
- What are the employers’ liabilities?
- What are the issues and position for high net worth individuals?
Alan will be one of the panellists from various jurisdictions who will provide their legal and practical recommendations for working, living and doing business in these ever-changing and potentially dangerous environments.
More details on the conference can be found here.
Should you require any further information or guidance on this subject, please contact Alan or any of the team at BGP